Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The way you drive makes me want to vomit - Tester

\o/

So, today was my last chance at officially being allowed to drive. With the mounting of the kerb in the crank course still fresh in my mind, I asked my instructor yesterday to allow me more tries at that area. Today, during the warm up, I've also requested the instructor to allow me a few more spins in the area.

And, it paid off.

I passed!

Woo hoo!

At the testing waiting area, I was a huge bundle of nerves, as I almost physically felt the stress on me this time, which was unlike the last time. The tension in the room is still just as thick, so thick, you could slice through it with a butter knife.

At the ballot, the usual killing test routes 6 and 7 have 3 slots each (1 for 6, 2 for 7).

And I just HAD to get route 7.

Oh well. At least I get to drag some one down with me. Muahhahahaha.

The tester used roughly the same tactics as the last guy (go! GO! FFS, what are you waiting for?!?). But again, I mentally flipped him the bird and just went on my own speed.

However, at the turning areas, I had this very bad habit of braking and releasing, making the car feel more like a ship in a stormy sea.

Of course, the instructor chidded me on it during one of the turns. However, after the S course, which I practically used my (soon to be) patented "Brake release" movement, he said "Sit your car can vomit one, you know?"

XD

Crank course was much better now, although I took a slight risk at the parallel parking. However, I was fairly sure I had enough space so that I won't hit anything.

Was lucky then. Hehe.

After the perpenticular parking, I was so glad to hear him say "Ok, exit the circuit".

Finally. >_>

No E-brake for me, because the car in front E-braked. My speed was sufficiently slow anyway, as I had to ensure that NO one was crossing. There were some dudes waiting, so I just made my car crawl.

No problems.

However, since I was on route 7, I know that I was only half done. Route 7 is the one which you have do change lane twice on a major road, usually full of traffic.

At that time, I was thinking "bring it on!"

That's how confident I was with my road. Hehe.

As I made the turn to the main road leading to the U-turn, picking route 7 turned into a blessing in disguise.

"In front jam. Turn left instead."

WOO HOO. No need to do that rubbish U-turn. The road test turned out to be a mere spin around the area. They didn't even test my U-turns. I actually enjoyed myself to such an extent, I remembered a joke by Sean about some superior officer talking to his squad.

"You don't yes sir yes sir three bags full!"

I smiled, because due to the nature of the route he chose, he had to say quite a few times "Turn left" and "Turn right." Each were met with "Left. Yes sir!" "Right. Yes sir!"

XD

A quick spin, and I'm back at the driving center.

Easy.

Or so, I thought.

It seems like Honda is receiving a shipment of cars today, and it so happened that the damned truck is parked right smack on my lane. However, having encountered a similar situation before, I just overtook it easily.

The tester then picked up my sheet of paper, and started ticking stuff. There are plenty of times when he said "Go!", and to be fair, I should. However, I could see a car coming, so I've decided to wait instead. Why risk?

Well, that kind of mentality ensured that I got docked the maximum 6 points possible for "delay in moving off." My uber braking technique cost me another 4. Toss a few things here and there, I got 16.

4 shy of the failing 20.

Hehe.

At the end, the tester seems to have a reason to rush. Before my car was even stationary back at the school, he opened the door and stepped out once the car was stationary. He was nearing the stairs after I picked up my bag, which meant I had to hurry to meet up with him. At the review area, he just sat down, said "You are not confident enough.", scribbled some stuff, flung it at me, and walked away.

I don't care.

I PASSED.

Since the chief tester was instrumental in ensuring that I get this chance, I went to his office to show that his efforts are not wasted, thanking him once again for giving me this chance.

At the area which you are forced to watch the video, I counted the number of people sitted there.

5.

With me, 6.

Later, a guy came in, who was called out later. Seems like the tester counted his points wrongly. LoL.

Since he joined us, I can safely assume he passed. LoL.

It began with 17 people.

It ended with 7.

41.17% passing rate.

And I think it got easy this time, since there is a huge ass jam.

Imagine, if I had to make the U-turn. :o

Maybe it would have ended with 6.

Why?

Because the guy whom I forced into taking route 7, wasn't there.

Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home